So, a little while ago (over a month *cough*), Natasha from Starlit Wanderings tagged me for the 30 Song Challenge. It was fun to do, but it took up a lot of time to think of all these songs and fill it out! And I definitely did not procrastinate a bunch. 😉 (It’s also ridiculous how long it took me to make the banner…)
Anyways. Grab your headphones and a good cup of tea, and continue on!
1. Your favorite song
I think right now it’s Can I Be With You? (I haven’t watched the video, but it was the only one I could find of this song), by Todd Agnew.
2. Your least favorite song
I don’t know that I have a least favorite song… Actually… Come to think of it, I do, but to avoid sibling conflict, I will refrain from mentioning that it is Loose Change, by Andrew Peterson. (What? I just mentioned it. Psh. Nonsense.)
…It just really annoys me for some reason. Lots of people I know like it, though, so… *shrugs* Maybe it’s just me.
3. A song that makes you happy
Celebrate, by 8th Day.
4. A song that makes you sad
This Christmas (Father of the Fatherless), by TobyMac.
5. A song that reminds you of someone
Saving Grace, by Point of Grace. It reminds me of my neighbor, who used to sing this song. I always hear it in her voice.
6. A song that reminds you of somewhere
You Make Beautiful Things, by Gungor. This reminds me of a church we went to for about a year and a half.
7. A song that reminds you of a certain event
His Strength is Perfect, by the Crist Family, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Jerry Salley.
8. A song you know all the words to
I know all the words to a lot of songs. So I’ll just put in a song I like. We sing this song in church. It made me cry once… No Longer Slaves, by Bethel Music.
9. A song that you can dance to
10. A song that makes you fall asleep
Angel Eyes, by Jim Brickman. We used to listen to this album nearly every night when we went to sleep, so now it makes me sleepy whenever I hear it. A certain part of it also makes me think of a song in a cartoon movie we used to watch… But that’s another story.
11. A song from your favorite band
This Is Your Time, by Michael W. Smith. Favorite singer, not favorite band, but still… (And I just decided he was my favorite singer. So. It might change in the near future.)
12. A song from a band you hate
I don’t really hate any bands. So… Can’t really answer this one.
13. A song that is a guilty pleasure
Uuuuuuuhhhh… None…? I can’t think of any, anyways.
14. A song that no one would expect you to love
15. A song that describes you
I don’t think there’s one specific song that can describe me… But this is my
unofficial themesong: Where There is Faith, by 4Him.
16. A song that you used to love but now hate
After the Last Tear Falls, by Andrew Peterson. I wouldn’t say I hate it, but it annoys me… It’s a nice song, but… Have I ever mentioned that I get annoyed by anything that repeats? Well, I do.
Also, when my sister Athelas likes music… It repeats. 😛
17. A song you often hear on the radio
If We’re Honest, by Francesca Battistelli.
18. A song you wish you heard on the radio
The Best Song Ever, by Chris Rice. xP
19. A song from your favorite album
I don’t think I have a favorite album… Sorry, folks. 😛
20. A song you listen to when you’re angry
Uh… Well, there’s this game called Music Catch, and it has really good music. I play it more for the music than for the game. It’s a really simple game, but the music is really calming.
21. A song you listen to when you’re happy
22. A song you listen to when you’re sad
There are a plethora of these. Most of them I’ve already listed in this post.
23. A song you want to play at your wedding
I can’t say that I’ve thought about it… A bunch… But. I Will Be Here, by Steven Curtis Chapman.
24. A song you want to play at your funeral
… Do I get to choose this…? Maybe The Martyr’s Song, by Todd Agnew. I’ve been liking Todd Agnew a lot recently, for some reason.
25. A song that makes you laugh
26. A song you can play on an instrument
… I can play “What Child is This” on a keyboard… But… No. I can’t actually read notes… The electric keyboard taught me how to play it.
27. A song you wish you could play
Electro Swing, by Stepan Grystay. Apparently I really like this style, but I only recently discovered it. I also really, really like cellos, but I couldn’t think of any specific songs I want to play on one.
28. A song in a foreign language that you like
Yesh Tikvah, by Benny Friedman. The video’s a little weird in a couple places, but the song makes me bounce (Athelas finds this hilarious).
29. A song from your childhood
Shake This Planet, by Planet Shakers. That and VeggieTales songs.
30. Your favorite song this time last year
Never Alone, by Barlowgirl.
I actually don’t know if this was my favorite song exactly this time last year, but it was my favorite song at some point last year.
Well, again, I’m not going to tag anyone, so that you don’t feel obligated to do it (because this took a lot of time to fill out), but if you follow my blog, feel free to be tagged! (You can also use my picture that I made for the top of the post, if you want, or make your own, or… Whatever.)
* I feel like I need to explain this. Waaaay back in NaNoWriMo 2011 ( I like to think it was a really, really long time ago, and my writing is entirely different than that first novel), I used a site called Write or Die, which uses sounds to punish you when you stop writing, or reward you when you continue. (You can also have it delete your words after a certain amount of time not spent writing, but it took the second NaNo to work up my courage enough to do this.) Anyways. “Peanut Butter Jelly Time!” was one of the punishments. You can guess that it worked brilliantly, since I decided I liked the song… And, no, I don’t like peanut butter and jelly.
What’s your favorite song? How about a song from your childhood?
Also, how many of these songs did you know?
(Also, while you’re looking at blogs, Katie Grace has a giveaway on her blog until the 22nd!)