Shalom, haverim! I was tagged by The Art of Writing for Him’s Rachael (or RayRay as I call her) to do the Infinity Dream Award/Tag.
Yes, I know, I’ve done a lot of tags recently, but people won’t stop tagging me! (Just joking… I like doing tags, and I haven’t figured out any other kind of post to write. Any ideas?)
Anyways, I’ll do a quick summary of the rules, and then get on to the tag.
11 Facts About: Yours Truly
- I don’t like donuts. *gasp* No, really, they’re gross. My family thinks I’m insane, and I have yet to meet another person who doesn’t like donuts, but. Yes. True, that. Bagels, however, are epic.
- My real name isn’t Faith. Nope. Well, it sort of is. Faith is my middle name, which I go by all over the internet, but it’s actually not what I go by in-person.
- I have emerald-green eyes.
- Ha. No. They’re brown.
- My parents chose names for me before they knew if I was male or female. So if I was a guy, I’d have been named Carl.
- I’m exactly middle in my family. Five older siblings, five younger siblings. Two older brothers, two younger brothers. Three older sisters, three younger sisters. Crazy, huh?
- I use old-time radio drama slang, like “skip it,” and “slightly pixilated.” I kinda have a thing for radio dramas.
- My favorite food is spaghetti. Made by me, from scratch (or canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a couple other things), preferably.
- My favorite word is defenestrate (the act of throwing someone or something out of a window).
- In my family, all the girls were assigned a bug at birth, and the boys were assigned a reptile. In order: Dragonfly, lizard, ladybug (or ladybird… sounds nicer), turtle, butterfly, honey bee, frog, ant, alligator, cricket, firefly. I’m the bee… And… Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike stinging insects. Yeah. xP But at least there’s honey!
- I get motion sick super-easily. As in… Almost every time we drive. More so when it’s hot than when it’s cold. So (happiness) it’s becoming frequent again. xP
Questions with Answers
1. What writing program do you use?
I use LibreOffice. Microsoft Word is so much better, but Libre is free, and my computer doesn’t have Word… So.
2. Do you listen to music as you write?
Sometimes. I can do it both ways. Music is very helpful, especially during NaNoWriMo, but sometimes I just need silence.
3. How many novels have you finished?
Eh. Well… A lot… *coughOnlyOnecough* I almost finished another one. Got to the climax, and then realized that I had worked myself into an unsolvable situation. So, yeah. I’ve kind of been scarred for life. (Hah.)
4. Favorite writing drink?
Coffee is good. Ooooh, especially with vanilla ice cream in it.
I also reeeeaaaalllyyy like drinking carbonated orange juice. It’s awesome. We just pour carbonated water on top of orange juice concentrate. It’s really good.
5. Do you have a writing buddy?
Technically, no. We haven’t named ourselves writing buddies. But. My sister Athelas (she’s two years older than me and a stunning writer) is kind of my writing buddy. We rave about our stories to each other, discuss books, brainstorm, and during NaNo, word war. So, yeah, I do.
6. Name your top three blogs.
Well, I only have one blog. xP But my three favorite blogs would have to be…
Katie is a super-awesome writer friend who has an amazing talent for writing, blogging, and being the most friendly, authentic person out there. She posts frequently, with blogging, writing, and editing advice, life updates, interviews, and a bunch more. Some blog posts sit in my email for months waiting for me to get around to reading them, but I always read Katie’s posts as soon as I get them. Her personality is refreshing, and her advice sound.
Athelas started this blog a while ago, and it’s lovely. She doesn’t post very often any more, but there are plenty of in-depth articles on writing, editing, stories, and characters already on there. There are also lots of writing prompts, and occasional writing challenges. Leas has loads of experience writing, and has an amazing style, sound plots, and fascinating characters. (She also has a Red Lettering Pinterest Account, which has loads of clean, inspiring images.)
She also happens to be my sister, but that, in and of itself, is not enough to make me say nice things about her (just ask her! xP).
I originally met (over the internet) RayRay because of a book series, and from the very beginning, I learned how good she is at fangirling. That impression has stayed with me.
She posts a couple times a week, with short writings, life updates, snarky posts, writing advice, and awesome GIFs. She is a Nano-er, fangirl, and has an excellent taste in books. While not strictly a writing blog, information on writing (and writing itself) is present on this randomness blog. (Hey, that’s what I have! Randomness bloggers unite! *fist pump*)
7. Do you ever stay up late writing?
Oooh, yes. Late nights are my favorite time to write.
8. What is your favorite book you’ve written?
Hrm… Well… My favorite of my stories isn’t written yet… I’m still brainstorming it. I’ll have a summary up in my “Works-In-Progress” page soon.
9. Have you ever met an author?
10. Coffee or tea?
Um, is this seriously a question? Coffee, of course! Though, only if it has sugar and half-and-half. Since black coffee is gross.
So, I couldn’t think of eleven new questions, so I went back and traced the path of this tag (waaaaay back) and picked some of my favorite questions that I saw, with a few of my own thrown in.
- Do you collect anything?
- If you could smell one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What superpower would you most like to possess?
- What’s the strangest thing someone has said to you?
- Do you remember your dreams often? Do you have a favorite dream you wish you could experience again?
- Did you have an imaginary friend as a child? If so, describe them. If not, describe your favorite game.
- Given the choice between leaving your family behind in order to move to a fictional world (you choose which one) or staying where you lived for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla (ice cream, pudding, cake, coffee, whatever)?
- Would you rather write with a pencil or pen?
- What’s your favorite word?
- What’s one activity you’d really like to do, but haven’t?
So, as usual, I’m going to break the rules and not tag eleven people. xP First of all, because I don’t know that many bloggers. Second of all, because they might not want to do the tag… So! If you follow my blog, you’re tagged! Just… quietly, so you can choose whether or not you want to. xD